Call for Submissions
Depression Army wants YOU!
We’re looking for passionate and talented writers and artists to create content for our blog. If you are interested in writing or creating artwork, photography, or videos centered on any of the following themes/topics, please consider applying to become a regular blogger for Depression Army!
- Your own personal battle with depression and other mental illnesses.
- Coverage of depression in the media, art, music, books, and politics.
- Mental health discrimination in society.
- Positive outlets for depression/tips on how to live with depression.
- Other interesting and empowering mental health topics. We’re open to ideas!
Ready to Apply?
- Email email@example.com with the subject line “Interested Blogger”. Make sure you include your name, a writing sample, and at least three different ideas you have for your first blog post in the email.
- If one of your ideas is approved, we will ask you to prepare and submit a draft blog post.
- Once we accept your post for the blog, we will invite you to join our team. We will need a brief biography (3-4 sentences) and a headshot of yourself to go along with your post.
- We are looking to bring 3-4 writers onto the Depression Army team. We expect that team members will create at least one original blog post a month with strict deadlines.
- Depression Army is a 100% voluntary group. Therefore, this is NOT a paid position. However, we will feature your blog posts on all of our social media outlets and publicize your personal blog if you happen to have one.
- Bloggers must be 18+ years of age and be comfortable talking about sensitive mental health issues in a respectful and thoughtful way.
Thank you, and we look forward to reviewing your submissions!
-The Depression Army Team